HELP / FAQs
Need answers? Having trouble? Here are some questions other sad, confused people like you have asked. If you don't find your ridiculous problem here, send an email here.
Please don't send email straight to me if you have problems with a product or download. It's not that I don't care, but the support people know how to work the system better and can hook you up faster.
- What precisely does this site sell?
- Here you can buy digital copies of Louis C.K.'s standup performances, films, and shows - physical copies of those performances, films, and shows - and tickets to his live tour dates. Digital performance copies are available in various formats: video, audio, or both. Once you purchase one of those, you'll be shown how to view or download the show.
- What do I get with a Digital Video purchase?
- All Digital Video purchases include complementary digital streaming rights at this website for 1 year from date of purchase. They also include a full show download if you'd rather do that. Fine with me. Note that each product will specify what types of downloads are included (some have multiple qualities, and some have subtitle files). The downloadable video files are H.264 encoded in an MP4 container. All the files should be playable in any modern system. We recommend the free and open-source VLC player for playback.
- What about audio downloads?
- Audio files come in MP3 format.
- How do I pay for things?
- For digital performance copies, we support payments via Credit Card, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. You can use an existing balance with a provider, or a credit card, and so forth. For tickets, you can pay with any method the ticketing provider supports.
- Are there any restrictions on what I can do with copies of shows?
- For full information on this, please refer to our Terms & Conditions. But in short, the terms are "reasonable personal use". Once you bought a show, it's your to keep forever and watch/hear on any system you like. Please do not redistribute, broadcast, modify or sell the material.
- Does it matter where I live?
- We do not have any geographical restrictions on the service. However, our payment providers might, so if you run into that, drop us a line and let us know which payment providers do serve you.
- What about the old site?
- It’s gone. Everything is gone. Your account and everything. If you have a real problem with that contact us here. Otherwise just join this one and buy things.
- I never got my confirmation email after buying.
- Check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, please contact support directly.
- I hate it. How do I get a refund?
- We do not offer refunds on digital products. Sorry. If you would like to return an unopened physical purchase for a refund, please contact our support staff with your payment receipt, and they can take it from there.
- Where are my downloads?
- When you purchase a download, the link to download can be found on the Order Confirmation page, on the email you get from the store confirming the purchase, and also in MY ACCOUNT.
- My downloads are slow and/or got interrupted.
- Sometimes connections can be slow. If you have trouble:
- Try using a download accelerator like DownThemAll!
- Try another internet connection if possible
- I tried to download something to my iPad/iPhone/Kindle/Xbox and it didn't work.
- Although some of these devices can stream audio & video, most of them cannot save downloads. If you would like to download the shows for viewing on your device, download it to a computer and transfer or sync the file from there. If you don't know how to do this with your device, please contact support at the device's manufacturer.
PHYSICAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS
- I ordered a physical product (DVD/CD/vinyl/etc.). Where's my stuff?
- You'll be contacted by the online store multiple times during the order process, including when your order ships and when it arrives. You can also see any process or shipping information in the MY ACCOUNT section if you click on your orders.
- I tried to burn a DVD but it didn't work.
- The video and audio files we provide are as mainstream and compatible as we can make them, so they should work for the vast majority of software out there. Unfortunately we're not able to offer support for DVD burning. If you need help burning a DVD, please contact the manufacturers of the software.
- I have problems playing a downloaded video.
- Please try VLC Player (videolan.org/vlc) which should be able to play the file fine. If you continue to have trouble, try another download or contact support.
- I bought tickets to your show, but I need a refund or have a question about the venue.
- Unfortunately, it would be impossible for us to list all of the ticket providers and venues we work with on a tour. If you have problems with your tickets, please contact the venue that issued your tickets or the provider (eg: Ticketmaster) that you bought your tickets through. 99% of the time, we're not going to know an answer to a question about a specific show.
NONE OF THE ABOVE HELP?
Send an email to us here and we'll do our best to help you out.